Greetings from the city that never sleeps!
I am so grateful to be given the opportunity to spend 10 days in New York City with my wonderful brother, J. There is so much to see and do here that we spend the entire day exploring the city and still feel like we haven't seen nearly enough of it!
What do I love about NYC so far?
- The Metropolitan Museum
- The Natural History Museum
- Greenwich Village
- The incredibly friendly locals
- The inexpensive organic food at Trader Joe's
- People-watching in Little Italy
- The subway!
- Walking around all day
- The fashion (it varies depending on the neighborhood)
- The various local boutique stores
- The unique vintage clothing shops
NYC can be a bit expensive, so to save money my brother and I are staying at a rental apartment in the financial district that we found through Craigslist.org. Since we have access to a kitchen, we can cook most of our meals here instead of eating out. We also make sure to flash our student IDs at all the museums and art galleries to gather some additional savings. Another hind: skip the cabs, take the subway or your feet. And lastly, buy cheap broadway tickets the day of at the various TKTS Discount Booths around the city.
I heart New York.