After I came home from buying it, I couldn't remember the name of Radicchio at first but thanks to this incredible post on Epicurious, I was able to identify it!
- romain lettuce
- grape tomatoes
- hemp seeds
- dulse flakes
- a sweet vinaigrette to balance out the bitter, salty flavours of the salad
Thai Carrot Coconut Soup (from Uncooking with Raw Rose)
I found that this soup actually tastes a bit better after sitting in the fridge for 24 hours. I think it has to do with all the flavours being allowed to mingle together.
- 1 cup water (can be warm or cold)
- 1 1/2 cups carrots (cut in 2" chunks)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1 green onion
- 1/4 of a lemon (peeled)
- 3 tablespoons dried, unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, diced
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 avocado (diced, for topping)
- 1 tsp hemp seeds (for topping)
Blend all the ingredients, except avocado, in a high speed blender. Pour into a bowl. Top with hemp seeds and avocado. Enjoy!