Mad props to Gwyneth Paltrow
While searching for recipe ideas online, I discovered the personal website of Ms. Paltrow and learnt the following:
- she is a foodie (read: she loves good food)
- she practices a macrobiotic diet
- she practices detoxification
- she can throw together a superb tasting _______ (insert any healthy dish idea here)
Whenever a celebrity branches out into some other career or hobby, I am always extremely cautious. It seems like everyone wants to diversify and most of them do, regardless if they are actually talented or not.
After making The Cucumber, Basil and Lime Juice from her Detox Newsletter, I am convinced that when it comes to food preparation and enjoyment, Gwyneth Paltrow is certainly qualified. As you can see from the picture, I enjoyed almost an entire pilsner glass (M got them free from the Amsterdam Brewery) of this magical juice this morning and I was gastronomically blown away--so much so that I needed to post about it a.s.a.p.
Here is the phenomenal juice recipe I made this morning:
- a handful of fresh basil (I buy the PC brand basil in the little plastic containers when my own basil has been overgrazed and I found this was the perfect amount)
- 1 and a half organic cucumbers (depending on size and variety, this can be increased to add more volume to your juice, should you want to enjoy more)
- half a lime that has been peeled of the zest (green stuff) but try to leave on as much pith (white stuff) as possible
- 1 organic green apple, with the seeds removed
Juice all of the above ingredients in the order that they appear. Give the mixture a quick stir with a chopstick and prepare for the tangy explosion of deliciousness that is about to rock your taste buds.